Gourmet Cat Food? Sounds Fancy!
Canned cat food and kibble sure are convenient and have gone through tests and experts to ensure that they fit the safety standards for our kitties. However, cooking some fresh food for our cats is a welcome treat for them, most especially when you use premium ingredients like fish, chicken, and beef.
You can be sure that your homemade cat food is nutrient-dense and free from artificial preservatives—and, of course, full of love.
If you’re not so much into cooking, that’s okay. We have whipped up a few gourmet cat food for your kitty that don’t need a Gordon Ramsay to prepare:
• 1 can sardines
• 1 tablespoon cooked broccoli, mashed
• 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
• 1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Next, mash ingredients together and serve.
3. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and discard after three days.
• 1 cup of cooked chicken (can be rotisserie or baked chicken)
• 1/3 cup of steamed broccoli, mashed
• 1/3 cup of steamed carrots, mashed
• Chicken broth, as needed
1. First, blitz ingredients in a food processor with several tablespoons of chicken broth.
2. Afterwards, pulse the ingredients until it begins to look like pate cat food. Add broth, as needed, to make the mixture clumpy, but not soupy.
3. Cool food to room temperature before serving.
• 1 cup ground beef
• 1/3 cup of steamed brown rice
• 5 tablespoons of minced alfalfa sprouts
• 1/2 cup of organic cream cheese
1. Brown and drain the ground beef in a frying pan and then cool completely.
2. Then in a bowl, mix all four ingredients together and serve when cooled to room temperature.
3. Leftovers can be in the fridge for up to three days.
Chicken and Tuna Combo
• 1/2 cup baked chicken
• 1 can tuna in oil
• 1 tablespoon cooked and mashed carrot or potato
• 3 tablespoons brown rice:
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor
2. Next, blitz until well-blended and serve.
3. This can be kept in the fridge for 3 days.
Making homemade cat food for your beloved cats is fun and easy; however, keep in mind that maintaining a balanced nutrition is still the goal.